Friday, February 7, 2014

My first sock!!

I finished my very first sock last night!! I was so excited. It fits and everything! Ray even tried it on.  This was made from worsted weight yarn and they say it knits up quickly but when you are learning... not so much. It took many nights to complete. I cast on the second sock last night but was so sleepy I messed it up and said I would start over in the morning. I will do that just as soon as I finish this post.
 

Thank you Judy. This was the whole reason I wanted to learn to knit. I wanted to make socks.

 

3 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations!!! I remember that feeling well! I made my first pair of socks last year and I was thrilled :*)

Ramona said...

Great job!! I have been knitting socks for a little over a year and really enjoy the process, too. May this be your first of many.

Dar said...

Congratulations for sure. I'm working on my first pair too. Question, what type of needles are you learning with. It looks like you did a great job. What's the pattern?