Monday, June 4, 2012

Not enough spoons in the day

Ray and I went to Mobile three days last week. I had a very nice visit with some of my quilting friends. I got to visit a new quilt shop in Gautier, MS.The shop is Block Therapy. I was so happy to be there and chatting with the owner that I forgot to take pictures. The website is www.blocktherapyquiltshop.com  .
Such nice ladies working there, and very nice selections of fabrics. While we were there I found out she is expanding (already!) to add on the space next door. This will make it so nice and big.
We also drove over to Janet's Quilting Bee in Ocean Springs, MS. It was so nice to see Janet again! She is so nice and willing to stop what she is doing to explain how she cut and made a block. That is just what she did for me. I looked at a sample she had for a class and I thought I recognized something familiar, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. She explained what she did and a light bulb came on. It is a block I had been playing around with but got sidetracked and never finished the thought. Great minds and all that! It is a form of disappearing nine patch. I will show it here if I ever get finished with housework and get back in my sewing room.
Ray and I worked in the yard this weekend and I have been zapped of energy since. The kitchen and laundry room are over flowing again and I must mop the floors. I hope to get at least one of these done today, but we will see.

Recently I have had more visits to the doctor and more blood work and more results. To add to the grocery list of things that ail me, he added Lupus.
I want to say right now, I am tired of this. I am tired of appointments, blood work, tests, medicine, aches, pains, fatigue, brain fog, etc. I am tired of being tired!
As long as I can remember I have hurt in some way. Mostly from my hips down, and the shoulders up, ALL of the time. The pain is more under control, thank you Jesus! The tiredness is what is making me crazy at this moment. I can't seem to do anything without it affecting what I might want to do later.
Today while blog surfing I clicked on some new to me blogs about quilting and some how ended up on this site. The lady was talking about how she explained her illness. It is so hard to explain when you don't have any outward appearance of anything. Well unless it is a bad day and I have to hold onto furniture or my husband to walk.
If you are interested in getting a perspective on Lupus, Fibromyalgia or Rheumatoid Arthritis check out this link.
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/xmedia-press/new-video-christine-miserandino-reads-the-spoon-theory/

Later,
Diane

1 comment:

Zane D said...

Appreciate youur blog post