Monday, July 9, 2012

I managed it

     It has been an extremely long three weeks. Both Ray and I were so ready to be home the last day we were rather whiny. We just kept murmuring "Oh I will be so glad to be home.", and "Never again will we be gone this long again." all the while knowing it will probably happen sooner than we think.
      The first week we were in Colorado Springs. It was so blazing hot I nearly melted. Seriously, 105 degrees is just a tad too warm for me. It was cooler in Florida! Oh well we managed to have a pretty good time. Ray was in meetings all day and I ran the roads going to quilt shops, bead stores, book stores, do you see a pattern? I had fun and I paid a pretty penny for it, and I don't regret it!
     We left Colorado Springs just one day ahead of the fires. Some of the roads we drove on and areas we took pictures of thinking how beautiful they were and how fortunate the home owners were to have such a beautiful view are now ashes. How terribly sad.
     A week in Houston dealing with family issues and getting answers about my dad's health and long term care was very draining. If it were not for my friend Linda for taking me shopping and to see her grandsons and one day spent with her and her sweet, beautiful daughter I think I would have screamed. Too many questions, not enough answers. My sister said it right when she commented that Daddy is in a prison and he did nothing wrong.
      I did get to have a long visit with my sisters and my mom. It has been years since I have spent that much time with all three of them at the same time. We really need to work on that.
     The last week we were in Arkansas dealing with my FIL. He has been ill and having lots of lung issues. Add that to his Alzheimer's and you have a hard week. One good thing that happened is Ray took his dad to the doctor and found out he needed oxygen 24/7. After 2 days and 3 nights with it we actually saw an improvement in my FIL. He still gets confused but he was able to talk better, stay focused a little longer and able to walk the 10 feet from his chair to the dining table without being winded.
     We drove back to Houston, spent the next day with MIL and SIL and niece. Had a great time playing and catching up.
     HOME...we finally arrived home and we have spent the last two days like slugs. Very little movement, lots of snoring.

I shall return with things that are more fun and pictures!

No comments: