Friday, April 5, 2013

On the injured list

You know you have done way too much cutting and ironing when...

Bought at Joann's and they really help
Usually this keeps the arthritis in my thumb from getting too painful, but last night after wearing it most of the day and taking Naproxen with very little much help I had to get some relief.


I pulled out this and took more meds.  Funny thing is after thinking about it I'm not sure if it was just my thumb or if I managed to irritate my wrist. Once the Tylenol kicked in to help the Naproxen and I was in agony I was able to analyze and came up with more pain in the wrist than the base of the thumb. Who knows? Sounds about par for me. I can't have one minor pain  I have to kick it up a notch. I'll wear this today and see if I can nip this. I don't want to have to wear this on my trip coming up.

Suggestions:

Pay attention to any pain that creeps in. Don't keep pushing until it is bad. I think if I had stopped sooner I wouldn't be hurting so much.

MODERATION. I honestly can't do moderation well, but that is what my doctor keeps telling me so I will pass it along. Give yourself rest periods.

When you are in a time crunch, stop looking at new designs and redesigning old ones. PICK A PATTERN and stick to it! I could be finished with two king size quilt tops by now if I had stopped doing the butterfly thing. sheesh!



Ok, I will be careful and only piece today. It will be hard to not trim, but I will just stack it up and trim tomorrow. We will see what happens.

Diane

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Wow does this hand support help your wrist?? I broke my right wrist in December and had major surgery. I've been in hand therapy for 3 months, and have finally be able to make a cut with the rotary. I can't cut much, or rather I don't want to push it. I wonder if this glove would help??