Monday, January 9, 2012

Think like it's an elephant

I finished the top last night!! I am so pleased! I just sat staring at it for a long time. I tell you the truth I have loved this design since I first saw it on Keryn's blog. Now to decide how I want to quilt it. I am pretty sure I won't hand quilt it, but I would love it if I did. Who knows, I have surprised myself before.
Now what do to. Do I rush right in and work on something else or do I stew? I'm thinking I will go through my UFOs and find one I am still in love with and work on it. Wouldn't it be great if I did that? I know I would be very pleased if I completed something. I know my husband would be amazed if I completed something.

I was reading a blog today, that lead me to another blog, that lead me to Amazon, and to "Look Inside" of a Scrap Therapy book. Talk about surfing! Anyway, the book said something along these lines...She was going along happily buying fabric, making quilts and sorting her scraps when all of a sudden one day she was almost paralyzed by her stash. Not just her yardage, but her scraps. She had stored her scraps in a whole separate place from her stash and was shocked by how much she had when she focused on it.
I kind of think that is where I was for a bit. Paralyzed by the abundance. No longer sure of just what I had. Patterns and fabric both were just too much for me to put my head around. I used to think, no biggie! If I died with a large stash my SIL would take it all and use it. That may not be the answer either. She is not sure she can find her quilting joy either.
The answer...just like eating an elephant...one bite at a time! I will try to focus on one thing at a time. Not plan my future projects, just look at the one before me.

Now to go through my UFOs...I'll post what I find.

Later,
Diane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want something to do with your scraps try "faceted jewels" by Glad Creations. And love the quilt.