Thursday, October 17, 2013

New walking foot



Here is the new walking foot installed. I guess for the average person that is no big deal, but I have always had a time installing the walking foot on the Bernina. Fat stiff fingers don't help. :)

I played a bit seeing if it was all that and a box of cookies. Hoping I had not just spent a lot of fabric money on something that wasn't fantastic.


Verdict?

picture showing stitch in the ditch on the right side and echo stitching on the left
 
 
I LOVE IT!
 
For the first time ever my straight lines are straight! No bobbles and no wavy lines.  Plus this walking foot contraption is much quieter than the one I bought 20 years ago. MUCH quieter. I asked the dealer back then if it was supposed to make that much noise and she told me yes, but I don't believe it. It sounded like a loud clickity clack each time the needle bar went up and down.
Maybe with this quieter one and the stitch in the ditch sole I will enjoy quilting more and get some tops out of the closet and off the UFO list!
 
Diane
 

No comments: