Thursday, March 20, 2008

Guild workshops


I have just spent the last two days in Machine Applique classes taught by Harriet Hargrave. I can honestly say I don't think I have learned so much in such a short period of time since I first started my quilting adventure. She has so much information that I was interested in I could have picked her brain for days if given the chance. I have never met anyone who knows as much about fabric, thread, stabilizers, adhesives, needles and sewing machines (any brand). I also have never met anyone who irons as much as I do and enjoys it as much as I do.


Tuesday night at the lecture we had a small group and we were able to touch and feel and inspect the quilts she brought to talk about. We had two hours of questions and answers about anything we wanted to ask. It was great!


I can honestly say I will be doing some machine invisible applique in the future. I love applique but I just don't have the patience to do it by hand. Maybe when I grow up and mature and can sit for more than a few minutes at a time. Ok, I hear you all laughing at that, maybe I won't ever grow up and mature! LOL


Of course I was so busy I only got a couple of pictures from the class times, and none of the quilts we got to hold and play with. I will post what I have in a bit.


Later

Diane

1 comment:

Quilt crazy said...

I had a similar class years ago with Harriet and had the same great experience! I find that her book is the one I reference when I have a question years later! I enjoy checking your blog and being just after you!