Sunday, March 9, 2008


These are my blocks that I making for the Beginning piecing class...way to stay ahead of the students huh? LOL


I'm trying to decide how I want to sash them. The next class is to cover sashing and borders so I really need to get a move on.


Well, here is what I decided. What do you think? Now the dilemma I have is how to border it. Suggestions so far have been :
1. Darker color, solid border
2. Small inner border of the background fabric with larger border being more of the blue in the sash.
3. Piano keys with all the fabrics used in the blocks.
I am completely lost, so any suggestions would be helpful.
Below are the blocks my students made.



I have a sample to make the shop before Tuesday. I better get crackin'!
Diane

3 comments:

Paula said...

I love what you've done so far! As for border??? I have no ideas! But, I know whatever you do, I'll love it...we have the same great taste!

swooze said...

Oh I love how you sashed that!

Tracy said...

I love how you sashed it too!

I am not sure what color for the border. The blue in the blocks seems to jump out at me.