Monday, April 21, 2008

Home


Be it ever so humble, there is no place like it!
I am home after spending a wonderful, fantastic, restful, perfect week away in Florida with my youngest son and my husband. We spent the first two days driving from place to place trying to get me oriented and looking at areas, towns and neighborhoods. I have decided I don't want to live in Bradenton. It is too BIG! It is very congested and has lots of people. I like people, but don't necessarily want to live with all of them. :^)
We looked in Parrish and found a neighborhood or two that we liked. I found a wonderful piece of property that had a nice house but after looking at the asking price decided I didn't need all that much land. LOL!


We didn't look in Tampa but I know we will when we go back in May.

The cost of housing is much higher in Florida than in Alabama. To buy the same square footage in Florida that we have here will cost us approximately $150,000 more. With only 1,700 sq ft right now we wanted just a tad more but probably won't get it, as housing is just too much. I would like to know what everyone there does for a living to afford to live there! LOL

I'm not going to worry about it, the Lord is putting us there and the Lord can and will take care of our needs.

One neighborhood we looked at in Bradenton had such beautiful walking trails and ponds we saw some sandhill cranes while driving through.

Aren't the babies cute?
On my husband's camera he has pictures of Osprey and an alligator that was swimming in the lake where we went fishing.
Speaking of fishing, my youngest hasn't had much chance to do it much in his lifetime, but man does he love to do it! He is a fisherman my Papa would have loved to fish with. No fussing about the heat, bugs, bait, nothing! he was always the last one to reel his line in at the end of the evening. We would leave Disney World and be headed back to the hotel and he would say, "Hey Dad, you wanna go fishing now?" knowing Ray would rather fish than eat or sleep. So Ray would speed up and run up to our room grab the gear and off we would go until dark.


This is my guys right after Joseph caught a catfish. It's funny how every single time he goes fishing he catches a catfish. He is fishing for Bluegill mainly, and he caught a lot!










Aren't these colors pretty? They were prettier in person, but this gives you an idea. Honestly if we could afford acreage with a pond I would probably be a happy person and I know Ray and Joseph would be ecstatic.

When we weren't looking for a place to live or fishing we were visiting our other favorite place. I have always loved the Magic Kingdom. We have not been there in 12 years so this was an eye opening experience. It is much more crowded than it was then. It is a little less magical than it was the first time I went and it is starting to show it's age but I still loved it. Hey when I was 38 years old I had a few scars and bumps and I didn't have near as many people running all over me.

I will post more later, I am going to take a nap. After yesterday's drive I am pooped!

Later

Diane

No comments: