Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back in the Saddle...

Today was the first day back in the quilt shop in over a week. There was so much stock that needed to be entered in the computer and put on the shelves, it took all day to complete it. It was fun though, since I got first pick! LOL

Have you ever tried InvisGrip? It is great for the back of rulers and templates so they don't slide around on the fabric while you are trying to cut.
I love this new book! I think it would make a great snuggle quilt for my Pastor's wife, and with my new mad Applique skills I could whip this one out in no time! Yep, I'm delusional! LOL

I am not an art quilter, but I have been influenced lately by my friends who are game for more arty stuff, especially Suzanne. She recommended this book to me and told me to "give it a go".
I absolutely adore Kim Diehl's books! I am always drawn to each and every pattern, in this book my favorite is the Christmas Magic table top quilt.Oh so cute!

This Presencia 60/3 thread was recommended by Harriet Hargrave when I took her Machine Applique class in March. I have been a Superior thread gal for a long time and I really love the Masterpiece thread, but I am willing to give this a try if Harriet recommends it. I will let you know what I think just as soon as I use it.

Well the day was long and I am tired so I am going to head to bed with my new books and look at them till I fall asleep.
Later
Diane









2 comments:

Paula said...

I've been eying that Be Attitudes book since I first saw it at the Quilt Shop Hop. I'm delusional too, but of course, I'm doing mine with needle turn appliqué!

Don't you dare switch threads on me!!!! LOL....glad you guys had fun in Florida!

Hannah's too sweet. I gave her a bath yesterday and yum, she smelled so pretty! Hugs.

Paula said...

P.S. You've been tagged. Visit my blog!!!!