Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wee!

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Today I got a package and inside was an iPod! I have been hemming and hawing about whether I wanted one or not. Whether I would actually use one or not. I love to listen to audio books and country music. Not only do I love to listen to country music but I love to listen to it loud, much louder than those around me care for. One of the reasons I don't mind driving alone is I like to turn the radio up loud and sing along. Believe me the music needs to be loud to drown out my sour notes. Anyway I have been saving my money for months to buy my sweet husband a special gift. I have always hated buying him gifts for his birthday or anniversary or anytime out of the checking account. He is the only paid worker in this marriage so it always felt to me like he was buying his own gift. I didn't like that. So usually he gets a much smaller gift that I have saved for out of teaching a class, or making something and selling it. Well I just had a really profitable show and had more than enough to buy his gift so I was able to also buy me the iPod. I am so excited!

The first thing I loaded on it was my collection on Jan Karon's Mitford series books. I just adore listening to her tales of Mitford and Father Tim and Dooley. I feel the stress of life melt away as I listen to the books. I recommend them to anyone who enjoys a nice sweet story.

Tomorrow my oldest son is planning on taking me to dinner and then to the house to help me load my vast George Strait music collection. I don't have a CD-Rom drive on my computer so he is going to do all of the loading for me. How sweet of him!

At the quilt show this past weekend in Pensacola FL. I bought a really nifty set of templates by Atkinson Designs to make the pattern "Winner's Bouquet".


I have been playing around with it today and having a fun time. I will post a picture tomorrow of what I sewed today. It really isn't hard. I am usually sceptical when it comes to curved seams, but this one really does go together well, with no headache at all. I am impressed!

Since Ray is gone and I don't keep to a schedule when he is away I just realized I have not eaten since lunch at noon. No wonder I am starving! I think I will go have a bowl of cereal and listen to some more Mitford stories.

Diane

2 comments:

Paula said...

I love those templates. This is the second time I've seen them a blog! I am hoping that the other blogger sells them to me CHEAP when she's done with them! LOL......we'll see if she remembers me!!!!

Roslyn said...

Great templates & I love the Mitford series too!
Roslyn