Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm not taking this project!


I woke up this morning and decided I would make a decision about what to take to the retreat. I grabbed the sister's choice blocks and laid them out to see what was needed to finish it. Can you believe I only needed 3 more blocks and borders to have a top? Without thinking about it I sat down and started sewing. I was fortunate to have left everything together and was able to just sit and sew without any thinking. I got the two blocks made and loved it! I decided then I would put the rows together to see how I like it. Then without much thought I grabbed a couple of fabrics for borders and tried them out on my youngest son. We both agreed the orange and blue looked good with the blocks so I quickly cut strips and added them.
TA DA!!!


The top is too big to get the whole thing in the picture so I just got the corner. What do you think? I really like it.

Later

Diane

2 comments:

Paula said...

You are a goose!!!! I love it....are you thinking about a Christmas gift for a sister in law who loves to quilt???? LOL Hugs!

Vicki W said...

It's lovely!