Monday, July 13, 2009

Pride causes pain...

My mother in law is a VERY active woman. She can hardly sit still. This morning, minutes after my husband left for work (6am) she was out the door pulling weeds and making my yard look pretty. I slept until about 6:30 and joined her. We pulled weeds, trimmed palm trees, trimmed shrubs and cut back ground cover that wanted to cover the sidewalk.

We finally came in the house about 10:45 as hot and tired as could be. She headed for the shower, I headed for the pool and Joseph headed to his room. After we all got cleaned up and rested a few minutes and filled our empty bellies I started doing more house hunting on the internet. Have I said how I am SO tired of looking for a house? It seems like 8 out of every 10 houses I find on the internet is either a short sale or a foreclosure. I refuse to get involved in either of those, so that really reduces the choices we have. But I know there is a house for us out there!

It is now late in the evening and my muscles are getting very stiff. Man that woman can work circles around me! I worked way longer than I wanted to, but there was no way I was coming in the house before her! Pride, it is a painful thing!
But golly my yard looks good!

Diane

No comments: