Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chocolat, oh yum!



Not chocolate, but Chocolat, by Three Sister's Designs, Moda. I have loved that line of fabric from the first time I saw it. I have used it in several projects and have cut carefully and scrounged every last piece to make it last. I am down to my last few fat quarters and wanted to make a quilt for my parents, but alas I am short a few fat quarters. I am trying to mix in other lines and I have managed to make three fabrics work, but I am having trouble with the lights. You see the lights in Chocolat weren't very light, they were more a dirty light I've sent out an SOS to my quilt guild friends (or is that SOQ save our quilt) so I hope I can gather a few more pieces that will work. I'm not really gonna fret over it since I need so few "mix in" pieces it really won't be a problem. I sure will be sad when these fabrics are gone.
These are the two fabrics I have mixed in so far. They aren't perfect, but they will work.

Cute puppy!


















This is the quilt I want to make...out of the book I got yesterday. At this rate I will never complete anything I keep finding new and fantastic things I want to make!
 I guess it's my lot in life to be the Queen of Starts and only a Topper. Oh well it could be worse.

Back to packing! I really must stay on track or I will never get out of here...scratch that, I will definitely get out of here, I may have no clothes that are clean, but I will get out of here!

Diane

No comments: