Saturday, June 18, 2011

No sewing

Lots of yard work being done around here. Today is sprinkler system repair day. We have put it off until the absolute hottest day, which sounds just about right for us! Dear, sweet, love of my life doesn't know his own strength so first thing right off the bat he broke a whole head, stem, thing-a-ma-bob. Water gushing everywhere but on the dry, parched grass.
So while he runs to Lowe's I'm home trying not to touch my beige furniture because of the sun screen all over me. I can't even go into my sewing room since I am afraid of getting the goop on my fabric or machine or chair. I guess the safest place for me would be scrubbing the bathtub but who wants to do that? Not this red hen!
I hope I get to sew some tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Later,
Diane

1 comment:

Linda said...

Diane, you are so funny! You need to write some kind of a column.