Monday, March 26, 2012

There was a quilt show this weekend

Image found on Google I don't know who it belongs to
I was so excited!
It has been a while since I have been to a quilt show. Well, November in Houston was the last show. I was feeling the need to see finished, completely quilted with labels quilts since I don't see many of them at my house.
Friday was the day! I got up and was shocked to see my husband was up and working in the livingroom. He was all engrossed in cleaning out boxes that I have been asking him to go through since we moved into the house. Two and a half years ago!
No biggie I will just go by myself, more fun that way anyway. Ray speaks up and asks me to help him a minute. Several hours later I look at the clock and realize by the time I shower and drive to the show I will have about 1 1/2 hours...I'll go tomorrow.
Saturday dawns and I know there is a Astros vs. Pirates ball game we are going to, but I can go to the quilt show before the game and have plenty of time to see everything and shop for any new stuff I might see.
Can you guess what happened next? I'll tell you. Ray's work phone rings and I know instantly my plans have just changed.

By the time we get to leave I will have about 45 minutes at the quilt show before the ball game starts and we still haven't eaten. I just say, forget it, apparently I am not supposed to go to this quilt show. I am sad, but I will get over it.
We eat...at a place that gave me indigestion.
We arrive at the ball game. Pretty good seat, but at McKechnie field in Bradenton there are few bad seats. The weather was perfect. Not too warm, nice breeze. Most people are rooting for the Pirates, but there are a few Texans there for the Astros.
I had forgotten how bored I get at ball games. 10 innings with minutes of excitement. The best time was the last two innings as right at the last minute the Astros hit a homer to get three runs and tie the game. They went on to win with one more run, but that was about it for excitement.

So for all the sacrifices I made to be a go along to get along wife? I was stinky from sweat, I had indigestion, got to see way more skin than I needed to on both men and women, skinny and not so skinny, and wait for it...I got a sun burn! My head, my neck and both arms. I wore a 3/4 length sleeve and we sat in the shade for most of the game. Apparently not enough shade or not enough of the time. :(
Next time there is a quilt show, I'll go! I have never gotten a sun burn at a quilt show!


No comments: