Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dragging but accomplishing!

I drug myself out of bed today determined to do more than lay around feeling cruddy.
After taking all day to shower, dress and go to the grocery store, I thought I would visit my sewing machine.
I have enough diamonds for a good size sofa quilt. I was able to use about 1/2 of the strips in the 2" drawer and that makes me happy. I would make it larger but honestly I am tired of looking at these strips. I think one if my kids will enjoy it being the size it is.
I practiced piecing the diamonds because duh! I realized about 1/2 way in each piece has to be set in. I am not in live with set in seams but I can do it.
The app I am using to post this will only put the pictures at the bottom so I won't load all that I took, just a completed section and the whole top on the design wall.
Later,
Diane

3 comments:

Jo Caglione said...

That is awesome Diane!!! Love it!

Jo Caglione said...

That is awesome Diane!!! Love it!

Cascade Quilts said...

I caught this on Pinterest, and the pattern is SO much fun! Did you follow a pattern to get the spirals? Looks like paper-piecing I'm guessing? Karin @ cascadequilts.com