Friday, February 22, 2008

Friends


For years I have read books or seen movies where there was a group of friends who spent time together. They would go to dinner every week, or meet once a month for stitching. I always longed for a group of friends like this. I have my dearest friend Linda, who is the most special in my life. She has known me for years and loves me and I love her, but we don't get to spend alot of time together as we live 450 miles apart, and soon to be more. We spend alot of time on the phone staying in touch, and I just got back from seeing her a couple of weeks ago, which was the first real visit in a LONG time.
Back to what I was saying...I have always wanted a group of friends like you read about or hear about that have met and played togther in each others homes on a regular basis. I found I have that same group of friends. We meet and we talk and sew and laugh and sometimes cry, and fuss and unload and have the best time together. We all come from different backgrounds and are varied in age. I wouldn't dare try to guess who is the oldest, but we have a couple who are more mature (in age only) :^) than the others and I am the youngest (44). One is from small town New York , one from big town Texas, several were teachers, one is from another country. We have those who are very confident and those who are a bit insecure. We don't always agree, but we always care.

Isn't this BEAUTIFUL? Suzanne is showing her "Charleston" quilt.















Suzanne is from Austrailia and makes the most beautiful art quilts showing her beautiful homeland in fiber.



Joanne shows us the quilt she has completed. I was amazed since in January we were at a retreat and she was still working on making the blocks! BEAUTIFUL!












"Maxie" our ever present quilt dog. :^)Hand work, machine work or just laughing, we have so much fun.

3 comments:

Paula said...

I know you are going to miss your group of quilting ladies. And I know they are going to miss YOU! They look like a great group...and I love their quilts.

Linda said...

And we're lucky to have you too!!!

Linda

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a neat group. They are very great quilters! I would love the show and tell!!