Monday, October 27, 2008

Home for sale

Today my home in Alabama goes on the market. I have worked for the past two weeks painting every room and scrubbing every surface preparing for today. I am glad that part is over!
The market is very soft all over the US, but I am not worried. My husband's company will purchase our home if it doesn't sell in sixty days. Whew! What a relief!

I had a moment that I cried, mostly because my youngest cried. This is really the only home he has known. We moved in when he was going into second grade, so all of his memories are there. Poor thing tried so hard to be "grown up", but at the last second he laid his head on my shoulder and let go. I knew he had been acting antsy all morning, being rather grumpy and short with his answers. As we headed out he was very quiet as looked out his window as if he was searching for memories. We pulled onto the freeway and he started talking and he continued talking as hard and fast as his mouth would let him. He continued that until we had driven far enough he no longer recognized the surroundings.

Today to celebrate being home, I have tons on my To Do list. I HAVE to go to the grocery store, but I WANT to start getting my sewing room set up.
Let's see what I get done!

Later
Diane

No comments: