Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spic and Span


My "old" house in Alabama is now spic and span, clean as a pin (more on pins later), slick as a whistle and echos like the best auditorium.

What was going to be a "jam up" one day job that the cleaning crew company promised me turned into a three day ordeal where Joseph and I did a lot of the work ourselves. Now we are both exhausted and have bruises, cuts and sore muscles. So much so that now I am going to have to rest a day or so before I can start painting which I was suppose to have started on Tuesday.

Oh well I just have to keep reminding myself, "all in God's timing". Being frustrated with the situation is just spinning my wheels.


Last night as I was laying in bed (twin mattress on the floor- do you feel sorry for me?) nursing my sore arthritic hands and fingers from all of the abuse of the day I had a WONDERFUL thought. I remembered that today was the day my friends across the water from me meet to chat and laugh and sew. I am going to head over there and relax and enjoy their company. I am so excited I can't stand it. Jo, the lady who's house we meet in LOVES halloween. She decorates like you would not believe, so I can't wait to see what she has done this year. I'll bring pictures back.


Have a great day!

Diane

1 comment:

Paula said...

The house looks great! I know it's gonna sell. You know I've always loved that house. I suppose now I need to come see the Florida house!!! Think we can arrange it? I'm gonna need to run away at some point! LOL Hugs