Thursday, May 28, 2009

Confetti


I have been doing some more work on the Confetti quilt that I showed in the last post.
I liked the green but agree with the comments. The green was just not quite right. I wish I had some orange to try, but honestly until last year while joining a group of ladies using orange in the challenge I didn't own any. I have some now but it is just various fat quarters, not enough of one for even the smallest borderette.

I drew this up in EQ and decided I like it pretty well, and the men in the house agree it looks nice. It is wonderful to get input from the guys as they give honest knee jerk reactions to each little change. "EWW Gross NO WAY!" or "That looks nice, but it is crooked" "yea that looks ok, when is dinner?"
LOL

Diane

2 comments:

Judi said...

Hi Diane, just found your blog. Love your confetti quilt, I'm glad to see you choose the red. The green seemed to blend in to much.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love what you've done since your last post. It really pops now. That border is fantastic and really brings out all the colors in your quilt.