Monday, May 17, 2010

What an offer

Moving into an existing home means you inherit their flower beds and their design ideas. I have really large beds in my front yard but they are full of hawthorns and juniper ground cover. Not exactly my idea of colorful. I love green but I want a bit more color. I also want to attract butterflies and bird and have some fragrance.

Last week I got an email from a local landscape/nursery with a great offer. For $75 they will send out a landscape designer to help you design your dream. Beside the fact that $75 was a great deal they said you would not only get a scaled drawing, plant list, and estimates for them doing all the work, part of the work or none of the work, you would also get a $50 gift card. WOW! So for $25 I get a design drawn up by someone who understands what will or won't work in this area. Exactly what I have been needing.

I was able to get a little more piecing done with the 1 1/2" squares I sorted last week. I hope to take a picture tomorrow and you will be surprised and how much I have done. :^)

Later,
Diane

No comments: