Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I can't get it off my mind

I have a quilt that is percolating. I keep thinking about it. I've tried to draw it up in EQ but I have forgotten most everything I knew about EQ. I don't know why I forgot it all, but I did. It's true, use it or lose it!
Anyway I am constantly thinking about a Texas flag. Anyone who has known me for more than five minutes knows I am from Texas and proud of it. I would be there today except my husband and his job (and paycheck) are in Florida. That still feels and sounds so strange to say, I live in Florida. Off track again...
The last time I was in Houston, my friend and I wandered into a iron works shop and I found the wall art I had been looking for, for a long time. I may have already told you this, and if I did, I'm sorry. The wall art is made of what looks like re-bar (is that correct?) bent into a circle and a star welded in the middle. Then on another larger ring ...let me go take a picture...


Anyway ever since I brought this home and my husband hung it in the "formal" living room better known as the foo foo room around here I have had thoughts of a Texas quilt. I have a wonderful Texas block of the month that I bought to make but as yet haven't started, but that wasn't what I was thinking. I was thinking about a flag. I wanted to make a flag quilt. Sounds easy enough. Strips of red white and blue and a large white star. I have drawers of strips already cut. I had tons of red, white and blue until I made two quilts of valor, so the drawers are rather lacking in those colors. But wait! I have a stash! Woo Hoo! I knew I bought that fabric for a reason!

I better go quickly while the desire is still here. I seem to be easily distracted lately.

Later,
Diane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for the star!!! Sounds like a cool quilt. Do you remember or did you see the Texas quilt that Alice Wilhoit showed when she visited the guild?
Linda G