Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm home preparing to leave

I know, I am the slowest when it comes to blogging. We had a great Thanksgiving and visit with family.

I have been getting stuff ready for the a retreat I am going to attend this coming weekend. I have been busy cutting Civil War reproduction fabrics that I have been collecting and hoarding for years. Maybe hoarding is not the correct word since I do use them, I just use them only for the absolutely perfect project. I will do a test block out of any other fabric I have except CW.

I LOVE CW fabrics! I guess we all have our preferences.

My SIL and I have the same taste in fabrics and quilts. It is funny. Neither one of us ever has to question if the other will like a fabric or pattern, we always do. Sometimes we buy fabric to share, you know buy a half yard, split it, etc. Both of us are always so pleased with the choices of the other.


I am preparing more fabric for log cabin type hexagonal blocks. I also have a 4 patch and half square triangle star top I am working on. Then there is the wonky log cabin I want to get from blocks into a top. The one project I am taking that is not CW is a Sister's Choice top that I wanted to make a few more blocks so it is big enough for a queen sized bed. It is made completely of scraps from my stash. Come to think of it all of my projects for the retreat will be complete stash and scrap quilts. COOL!

I will have to let Judy L know this. She put on her blog the other day she was trying to work through her stash so she could get all her fabric on 2 fabric shelf units. I SO understand that! I would like to get some fabric sewn up before the move. I hate all the questions from the packers about if I really want to take all the fabric. LOL, OF COURSE I want the fabric!!! My thoughts are they will ask less questions if they are in quilt top form.
I feel like my thoughts are so fragmented...I hope you can follow.
Later
Diane


1 comment:

Paula said...

Seeing your Everlasting Wreath block in CW repros makes me so envious! I suppose if I ever finish, ok start, Dear Sister's top, I'll have to make mine CW! Love it!!!! Have a great retreat.