Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm home

Market was fun and I saw alot of quilt friends that I only get to see once a year.

Tricia Cribbs of FriendFolks was super busy this past year and introduced 4 count them FOUR books this year. Of course I had to decide what books I wanted to carry and that was hard. I decided on Turning Twenty #4 Feeling Groovy and Turning Twenty just got Better. My sister-in-law and Mother-in-law made a sample of Feeling Groovy from the #4 book by the same name and it is so cute!









I visited my friends at Superior Threads and nearly went broke! I have had such a good response since starting to carry the thread on my website, so I bought more...LOTS more. LOL

I made some new friends at Becolourful. Jaqueline de Jonge is the designer and what a designer she is! all I can say is WOW! Her brother seems to be her biggest cheerleader and fan. They both are some of the nicest people you could want to meet. I don't have all of her patterns, but I have many of them.


















At Festival I don't know how it happened but I was blessed with a corner booth this year. I was so excited! I took a picture incase you wanted to see it.





Now to get everything unpacked and counted and put up on the website.

I also have this deep burning need to get into my stash of civil war reproductions and cut out a quilt. I usually feel that way after spending a long time getting ready for a show as I am immersed in all of the bright colors that I dye and I really need to be soothed with the calm colors of old.

More news later,
Diane

1 comment:

Paula said...

Loved working with your fabric...the sherbet colors are so pretty and the top turned out nice. I'm holding on to the other blocks and we'll make that top even bigger!!! Fun!

I hoping to start sometime next month on the Indian Summer pattern I got from you. I'm going to use my "autumn" hand dyed fabrics. Can't wait to cut into them! My favorite colors.....

Looking forward to seeing you Thanksgiving! Bring your stuff and we'll sew! I sure enjoyed spending time with you!!!!