Friday, May 16, 2008

I am so blessed

My JJ friends surprised me yesterday with a teacup quilt. These are the sweetest ladies!
Each block shows the personality of the maker. Karen and Joan love batiks and made theirs out of batiks, Lynn put reminders of our show tune singing and all our laughing at retreats. Suzanne who embroideries, stitched hers. Joan D made hers with a piece of old lace, as she loves anything antique. You get the idea, I will be able to look at this and remember vividly my friends

A.Q. gave me a beautiful teacup (her block didn't make into the quilt) so I can sip tea while looking at my quilt and remember all the fun we had together (and will again as often as possible). This was not a garage sale teacup, but one from her collection. She is too kind.


My Aussie friend Suzanne gave me
a cute Koala bear that now lives on my computer, cool fabric that has cave marking designs and a pin to put on my pin chatelaine.
After all is said and done, I feel so blessed.
I was told once when I was fighting depression, if I had one person I could call friend that I was a fortunate person. I can honestly say I have more than one friend and I am very blessed.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I love your teacup/coffee cup quilt. What a sweet reminder of dear friends!