Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Those sneaky ladies!

This is a picture of me and my "buddy". We have so much fun when we are together. While at retreat we sing show tunes, which I am sure the ladies around us wish we would stop doing. We giggle, we talk about our favorite books, the Mitford series by Jan Karon. Actually Lynn was the one who introduced me to these books. I love them and all the characters.

This is Mrs. Ruth. She is one of the sweetest ladies you would ever want to meet. Her quilts are wonderful and usually big. Her fried fish is so good it makes you want to stuff yourself. (My eyes look like I am drunk, but I promise I'm not!)



This was a TOTAL surprise! Nancy on the very right with the stripes on was talking about some quilts that we all have worked on to donate to Quilts of Valor and Linus. While she was talking she said I need Diane to come up here. I was confused because I didn't remember that I needed to say anything so I asked her if she meant me.
Over the past couple of months guild members have been signing block and making 4 patches and then Nancy, Joyce and Kathy sewed them into a top. According to the story today I actually walked in on them a couple of times but "head in the clouds Diane" never noticed anything. LOL

One of our newest members Beth is going to machine quilt it next week so I will have it to take with me on my first real house hunting trip.

You will never know how loved I feel. I love these ladies and really like to be with them, but I never am sure how people feel about me. My insecurity is such a pain.

I keep hearing in my head the song from Toy Story, "You've got a friend in Me". It feels good.

Later

Diane

1 comment:

Paula said...

Wow.....and they were able to make it right under your nose! Pretty special friends there Dina. I know you'll miss them. Thank goodness for internet. You'll be able to chat and stay in touch.