Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thoughts, reviews and questions

Thoughts:
I have been away enjoying the company of my husband who has been away too long, and friends who live far enough away that we only see them about every two to three years.
We got to go to dinner with them on Thursday evening, but the visit was just too short, we hope to get to see them again before they leave to go home and we head to Florida for another look at homes.
I am starting to get a bit excited about the move. I am ready to see what is next.

Review:
Yesterday went to the movies. We have really enjoyed M.Night Shyamalan's previous movies so we decided to go see The Happening. If you think you may want to go see this movie and care to hear my opinion I would tell you to STAY HOME! I was actually mad when the movie ended. It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my LIFE! I can not express how bad this movie is. I am so disappointed. Next time I will read reviews before spending my money.

Questions:
Have any of you subscribed to The Quilt Show? I have never subscribed but I am interested to know if it would be worth it. Let me know if you subscribe and if you think it is worth it and why.

Do any of you subscribe to Mark Lipinski's Quilter's Home magazine? I have bought one magazine and looked at another and I like the look of the magazine and like the quilts in it. I don't think I will ever subscribe to it though. It just doesn't fit me. He seems like a really nice person and someone I could have a good laugh over dinner with, but the magazine feels to me like a cross between Cosmopolitan or Red Book and a quilt magazine. I don't mean that is necessarily a bad thing, but it just isn't me. I really don't want to spend my money to find out about any ones sex lives or lack thereof and how to fix it. But those of you who really know me know I am on the more conservative side of the street. If you have not seen his magazine yet, so check it out, you may like it.

Have you looked at the patterns and books that are being published lately? Is it just me or are they all alike? I am getting so tired of seeing squares and rectangles, or squares inside of squares or even rectangles in squares. It is like a couple of years ago when it seemed like evey quilt I saw had a black background. UGH! The next time you go to your LQS or even to an online shop look around. Let me know what you find.

Back to more visiting,
Diane

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Yes, I subscribe to the quilt show and I enjoy it. It was a bit of a rough start (too much chatter and excitement) but it seems to ahve developed a good rhythm. I like having the shows to watch when DH is watching somethign on TV that I don't want to see. All I need are headphones and my laptop to escape! I also subscribe to Quilters Home - not for the patterns but just to read. Most quilt magazines are terrible scarce on actual reading content. Plus the magazine just makes me laugh. I rarely get interested in any of the quilt patterns but I suppose that's true of msost quilt magazines. Lastly, most pattern books out today are weak. The best one I have purchased lately is the one by Judy Laquidara. It had a nice variety of patterns with several that I would make. I thin we have over done the quick quilt concept. Just my opinions though and not worth the time I took typing! Thanks for visiting my blog today.