Sunday, August 24, 2008

2008 Summer Retreat is history

Our hostesses made us these wonderful drink insulators. The above picture is how it looks if you are good and drink water, and below is how mine is used with a Coke. :^)


This retreat we had Marti Michell come teach and lecture. She taught three count them THREE classes. Do you know Marti? She does templates with these great little engineered corners that make sewing even the funkiest angles easy breezy. Speaking of breezy we had much wind before and after Hurricane/Tropical depression Faye came through. The hottest and humid breeze you ever felt. UGH! But back to the real reason for this post. :^P


I LOVE this Winding Ways quilt. I also love the templates, and believe and the ladies who sat near me this weekend know I am NOT a template person. Give me a ruler and rotary cutter and I am ready to go.




This Sedona Star pattern actually gave me the perfect plan for the wedding quilt I need to make for my niece. More on that later.


One of the classes we had was Double Wedding rings. I tried it, but didn't do to well. I was having a bit of a stressful time with my husband discussing the "Lease negotiations from HELL" so that may have had something to do with it. I set it aside and will try again at home. This is one of the samples of Marti's using plaids and I loved it.


If you are ever on Ebay and you wonder who in the world would bid on the hideous/strange almost quilt top that is going for way too much $$, well it just might be Marti. This is something she actually bought and paid for. I still am shocked.


This is the Sedona Star pattern I am using for the wedding quilt I spoke of. I tried to cut it late Saturday night, and after MUCH help from "Moma" Karen, I did it, then she sent me to bed. LOL



This is just some of my partners in crime. I spent so much time laughing once again I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I did.














For some crazy reason I failed to get a picture of my pal Lynn so I dug one out of the archives. We usually sit together and manage to sing show tunes and laugh a lot,but this time we spent so much time cutting with templates there was much less show tunes happening, which the other ladies may have appreciated.LOL
It is hard to not have fun around these ladies. They really helped me with stress relief.
How do you spell relief?
RETREAT!
More Later,
Diane

No comments: