Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I was going through a drawer

and I found these. They were not pieced, they were just pinned together. I decided I wanted to see what they were going to look like. They are the leftovers of a stack and whack I cut out years ago, probably 11 years ago.
I LOVE them! I think I will make a small doll quilt and put it away for a possible grand daughter.
Then I pulled out my 1.5" strip drawer and started putting together darks and lights to make some 9-patches. I want to make 9-patches without thinking so I am just cutting darks and lights and will not think just piece as they lay on the sewing table. After I fill a plastic box then I will worry about what I will make with them. I have a couple of ideas but no set plans.
I found a magazine from several years ago that focused on 9-patches, so I have several to chose from.

I LOVE old magazines.
Later
Diane

No comments: