Monday, November 30, 2009

Grandma Emfinger's Pecan Pie Recipe

(This isn't a picture of my pie, I found this here, but it is similar...as soon as I make one I will take a picture)

1 1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup dark Karo Syrup

1/4 stick of butter

3 eggs

1 cup chopped pecans


*****Pre cook the pie shell*****


Put the sugar, syrup and butter in a HEAVY pot. Cook on about medium to medium low temperature until it comes to a rolling boil (stirring the whole time). Beat the eggs and add some of the boiling syrup to heat them up, then add them to the pot of boiling syrup STIRRING FAST AND HARD so you don't get too many scrambled eggs. (You will get small flecks of scrambled eggs but it won't taste like scrambled eggs I promise!)

Add the pecan and let them cook a few seconds before adding them to the cooked pie shell.

Put on a cookie sheet, in the oven on 375* for 40-45 minutes. (Don't forget the cookie sheet mine boiled over in the oven!)

Moma said if you don't like it that firm the next time you make, it reduce the oven temp to 325* for 40-45 minutes.


I think I am going to make this for the retreat but put it in a rectangle pan so I can cut it like brownies.


Let me know if you try it and if you like it.




Diane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy - can't wait to try this

Thanks for sharing!