Monday, November 9, 2009

Too much fun!

I arrived in Houston and surprised everyone...which proves who doesn't read my blog!! LOL

I played in fabric and quilts almost the whole time. Monday was the monthly meeting of Monday Bunch, a group from the Azalea City Quilters who makes Linus quilts, Quilts of Valor, and a couple of times a year quilts for a local Children's home. It was so much fun meeting each one at the door and surprising them! :^)

Right before I left I was telling Nancy how I needed to make a baby quilt while I was in Mobile since my husband's former secretary ( that is not what she is called, but I can't remember the correct term) just returned that day from maternity leave. So we found a top I had made from the last trip and I took it to quilt. She had a scrap piece if batting she had pieced together and already used what she needed from it and we laid it on the top and it was PERFECT! Then we found a pretty blue piece of flannel and put it on the back. All spray basted and ready to go. WOO HOO!

Tuesday was the monthly meeting of the Old Sew and Sews ( I do hate the old part!) and once again I got to surprise everyone. So after visiting and laughing and eating I got serious and started quilting on that top. Between me and several of the ladies it finally got quilted. I did the straight quilting in the ditch and Susan Wray my Aussie friend did the border in a large meandering stitch. Then we scrounged around and found a piece of orange that was JUST big enough to make the binding and I sewed that on.

Here is a link back to the picture I posted previously...my connection here at the hotel won't let me upload a picture.

So much happened in Mobile I will have more to blog later. Now I am in Houston waiting on morning rush traffic to die down so I can go see my friend Linda.

Later,
Diane

No comments: