Monday, December 28, 2009

Recipe - Chichen Spaghetti

I have been neglecting the blog, I know. Ray has been home for the past week and will be home for another. My life tends to revolve around him when he is home so I have been away from the computer.

I got a request for the Chicken Spaghetti recipe I made the other day so here it is:

2 c. cooked chicken
3 c. dry spaghetti broken into about 2 inch pieces
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup ( or 1 cream of chicken & 1 cream of mushroom)
2 c. grated sharp cheddar
1/4 c finely diced green pepper
1/4 c. finely diced onion
2 c. chicken broth (either from can or strained from the pot you boiled chicken)
1 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
pepper to taste
1 c. additional grated sharp cheddar for the top

*I cut up and cooked a chicken in a pot of water with an onion, two stalks of celery, a couple of carrots, several cloves of garlic and salt and pepper, but you can get your chicken from where ever you like. Of course if you don't cook your own chicken you will need to buy chicken broth.*

Cook your spaghetti in the same broth as the chicken but just until it is barely cooked. Do not cook it all the way or it will be too soft in the casserole.
When the spaghetti is cooked throw all ingredients (except the reserved 1 cup of cheese) in a bowl and mix well. Put mixture in a casserole dish you have sprayed with Pam. Put the reserved cheese on top.
Now you can either cook at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or cover with foil and freeze.
I recommend covering with foil for the first 25-30 minutes, it keeps the edges from drying out.

No comments: