Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Front Porch

Everything is still small and without a lot of flowers but they are coming along. I was told by everyone I talked to, to not waste money buying the larger plants since Florida's growing season is so long. They said I will be cutting back the plants by mid summer even with the small plants. We will be if I have my dad's green thumb or my mom's brown thumb. Daddy can throw a dead stem in the yard and it will come back to life and flourish. Moma can plant a perfect plant in the best soil, follow feeding instructions to the letter and it will die every time.
Here is a close-up of the birdhouse/plant holder Daddy built. I LOVE it and now that he is no longer able to build anything I love it even more. I want to find someone who can build me another one so I can put it in the flower bed and maybe the bird's will actually use it.
Later,
Diane




No comments: