You know when you want to do something out of the norm and you aren't sure you can do it, so you play around with it in your head for a while? Well I did that for the past couple of days and finally decided I wouldn't get anything accomplished until I started cutting and sewing to see if my ideas worked.
I have been skimming old books looking at antique quilts looking for something that inspired me. I kept seeing diamonds. Pieced diamonds, strip diamonds, solid diamonds etc. I tried working with diamonds years ago and it was a disaster. not one of my points matched and all of my diamonds got stretched way out of shape and I had more ruffles than Lays potato chips. So instead of trying to beat a dead horse I threw them out and went on with my life, never looking back...until this week.
I have been playing with 60* diamond. Guess what, I did it! They are going together perfectly. No ripping. I am so pleased. I think of of the issues I had in the past was I really didn't make an accurate 1/4" seam. That is very important. Now after years of sewing I pretty much get an accurate seam each time. There are many ways to get a perfect seam and I will be sharing some ways soon.
Maybe I will post some pictures to show what I did and how it turned out.
Ok, off to take some pictures...
***I have no idea what I did to the "Ok" above so I can't fix it.****