Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Something had to give...

So of course it was blogging and sewing.

 It has been kind of like when I brought my babies home from the hospital except worse. I have been sort of in a tale spin. The house has been a mess, not much cooking, laundry piled everywhere. LOL
Slowly we are getting a routine. The worst part about the puppies...I HATE getting up early in the morning, and they are early risers. UGH! Oh well, a small sacrifice for these precious bundles of energy. At least I get to crawl back in the bed after our morning routine if I want.

Ray is travelling this week, so I have the babies to myself. He called last night and I put the phone on speaker. He whistled and talked to the pups and they just stared at the phone and tilted their heads trying to figure it all out. It was so cute.

Any sewing? Not much. I have been keeping up with Erin over at One Piece at a Time. She is doing an applique BOM that she designed. I haven't taken the first stitch, but I have been practising the method she uses. My problem with this and almost all applique is picking the fabrics. I have no idea why. I guess I don't have these issues with piecing because I do mostly scrappy. Applique seems to me to need more structure. Maybe I am making it harder than it has to be.

I cut out a new project...or two...or three. I always over cut. American Patchwork and Quilting (Dec issue) has a quilt made by Jo Morton on the cover that I LOVE. I started pulling fabrics, ironing, cutting and having the best time. Before I knew it I had SO much cut I could make at least two quilts possibly three. DUH! Oh well, I love this quilt and I love her fabrics and I know I will love how ever many I make.


For some reason I can't get pictures to load...GRR... Well go to the links and see what I am talking about. I will try to do pictures again later.

Later,
Diane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Jo Morton quilt is gorgeous. Bring one of the ones you have cut to the retreat and I'll be you can get it done....but remember....just one!!!

And think of each block of applique as a scrappy block...it uses lots of different colors and usually small pieces.
Linda G

Janice said...

Isn't is sad that what always seems to give is those things that feed our creative selves. I have been trying to figure that out for years as I try to find time in the whole wife, mother, grandmother, Full time job, church, friend, etc.... To many roles not enough energy.

Hang in there and I agree with Linda G. Treat each applique block like a scrappy block, but if you want unity, use at least one of the fabrics in each block.