Thursday, March 10, 2011

Inspired!

I don't know if it is because I have been away from my stash for so long or because my son bought me two books and they arrived yesterday. It could be a little of both. I am so impressed with these books.

 I have Kim's previous book and really like it, but this book is twice as good!  I want to make them all!


I met Kim last year at our guild retreat. Kim and her dear friend Karen Williamson were there for Kim to teach a workshop. While there Kim and Karen had so much fun they joined our guild! How fun is that?

I don't own Bonnie's previous Scraps and Shirttails book. I wasn't impressed with the quilts. I'm not sure why but I just wasn't sold on them. This book is a whole other story!! I love the quilts. I love the pictures and I especially love the "at a glance" directions. I don't do written instructions very well. Usually I read enough of the instructions to find the size to cut and then I draw a piecing map on paper and place it beside my machine. Bonnie did it for me in this book! How nice! It is like she realized there are many different ways we "read " instructions and she tried to please us all. I am pleased!



If you like scrappy and you don't mind using a bazillion little pieces this is a book you need to look for. Don't think you have to use old clothing. I will be using my stash of fabrics. I DO NOT need to start another collection. I don't have enough room!  But if you feel the need, go right ahead.

Later,
Diane

No comments: