Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I've been doing a little sewing

What?

Scraps...are you surprised?

Inside I have tiny pieces...why?

A surprise...

Tons of tiny 4-patches

An almost finished top. I just need the last border.

Ray is gone again so I was able to spend a little time in the sewing room. I have too many projects that I am working on and need to finish a few. Too many little pieces!
Working in the yard takes up time but things never seem to stop growing around here. Fortunately I bought an electric hedge trimmer that is worth it's weight in gold! It took me about 30 minutes to do what took me about 1-1/2  hrs a few months ago. Between having to reach over my head to cut about 30 feet of hedge and being chased by red wasps I got a work out. Tomorrow I have the other side of the house with even more hedges than the first side. I hope I can get it done. I want to surprise Ray.
 
Trail Mix from pattern in magazine
 I am debating putting this quilt in to be judges at my guild's quilt show in June. This would be the first time I have ever done that, so I am not sure. I have never wanted any of my quilts judged; not because I was worried about what the judge would say, I just never felt the need.  I have shown a couple of quilts but never had someone tell me what they thought of my work. Am I making too much of this?  Plus I may not get it completed in time. I am reworking the borders and I already enlarged it. But if it is to be in the show in any capacity I have to GET BUSY!

I need sleep so,
Later,
Diane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you need to enter it to be judged. I love that pattern and have it in my "to do" file.
Linda G