Thursday, September 13, 2007

Family

Tonight was suppose to be Family night. Ever since my two older children moved away from home I have missed them terribly and feel like I don't get to see them much. I didn't want to seem like an overbearing mom so I just stayed quiet when I didn't hear from them for sometimes a month or more at a time. I would tell myself, they are young and busy and are trying to have their own life. But I decided this was not good for our once very close family to not spend time together.
My oldest son is 24 and moved out about 18 months ago. Alan is such a sensitive soul. Alan will do most anything I ask him to do. He may not want to but will because he wants to make me happy. My daughter is 21 and left home when she was 18. Kari is very strong willed (read stubborn). Kari is opposite of me. I am not organized and can't even see what organized looks like, but Kari has a place for everything, and she is a worker. I used to call her my work horse. She could and would do any amount of heavy "man" labor just so she could say she did it. My youngest is 17 and a senior in high school. Joseph is the last one home. He is such a sweetheart and loved by everyone who meets him. From the time Joseph could walk he was his brother's shadow. He thought and still does to some extent that Alan hung the moon. He was the real reason I started Family night. Joseph is lonely for his brother. I remember the loneliness of being the last child at home when I was growing up, so i decided I would try to do something about it this time.

I started by saying tonight was suppose to be family night. I found out yesterday two of the family will be absent. Joseph plays in the band and will be at a football game and Kari has to work. So we three who are left will have to muddle through somehow. Last week we ate and played on the Wii. I think tonight we may just have to go out to eat.

I am sure today's blog entry is scatter brained. I have a lot on my mind, but can't say anything yet. So I am quite distracted. I hope I haven't rambled too much.

Later
Diane

No comments: