I have been working on this for 2 weeks and finally got it to the ready to quilt stage. I forgot how much I don't love making mitered borders on black fabric. It is so hard to see! But they came out pretty good.
This is the same pattern we did at the retreat. But at the retreat it was done in silk ties. I knew I didn't want to do ties as they are so slickery. Cotton is my friend and it behaves so well. I have had the top made for over a week, but had to get my mind made up about the border. So today I just went upstairs and told myself I couldn't get up until it was finished. Sometimes I have to be stern with myself.
Time to go baste it!