Thursday, September 11, 2008

Giving Thanks


For a long time we have told our children "Nothing good happens after midnight" I'm going to change that to 10pm.
My daughter left our house to go pick up a friend's child and as she was leaving from picking him up she called her daddy to tell him something. Kari has a way of starting a conversation on the phone and last night was no different.
The phone rang, Ray answered and I could hear "Hi Daddy!" she says a few things then I hear Ray say, Kari?, Kari? Kari?
My heart starts racing, knowing something is wrong but there is nothing we can do.
Finally after what felt like 10 minutes her phone disconnects and we hang up and it immediately rings again. We hear her voice but it is no longer happy and cheerful she is crying saying she needs him because she is bloody.
Needless to say the next several hours is a complete blurr.
She is going to be fine. She is covered in scrapes, raspberries and bruises.
I am so thankful to God I still have my daughter!
Diane

2 comments:

Linda said...

Diane, so glad Kari is okay. It looks like it could have been a lot worse.

Linda G

Jo Caglione said...

Holy cow - so glad she is ok. I can feel your heart beating from here.
Jo