Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What's this?

I'm actually in my sewing room working!!!
And if you look closely you will see I am drinking...a Pepsi Max. I know, I know, never did you think you would see me, Diane, drinking anything but the "real thing", Coca Cola, but when your husband is losing weight like crazy and you are eating the exact food he is eating and not losing any you do crazy things! I have two Quilts of Valor tops cut out and ready to sew together. I am using the Bricks & Stepping Stones pattern by Bonnie Hunter. It is so fast and easy and really looks nice. I am making it with all blue bricks and red and white stepping stones. I hope they turn out good.
I have also been listening to one of my favorite preachers, Chaplain Jim Fisher, Ph.D. on his church's website. He was our Pastor when we lived in Alabama, then he left to finish his doctorate and pastor in Indiana then go off to be a Chaplain in the Army. I sure love that family!I would like to finish the tops and quilt them and send them to Bro. Jim. Since he is one of the Chaplains on his base he knows many soldiers who could use a quilt. I really need to get organized and get more made.


Night before last I could not sleep to save my life! So I ironed a bag of scraps so I can cut them into usable pieces. Well I did the ironing....the cutting is not interesting me though. I really need to cut them so I don't put them back in the bag and have to re-iron. I am really bad about that.

As you can see I still have stuff I have to find a home for. Ray said he was going to look at the closet shelf situation and see if he could remove one of them for me so I can get my other black shelf unit in there.
I want to head to Lowe's and price the stuff I want to put up for my design wall, but I want to sew. I have had this discussion going on in my head for a week! I want to go to Lowe's, but I want to ______ (fill in the blank). It has been everything from sleep to cook to unpack a box to work in the yard. I tell you I am getting really bad! I have left the house ONCE by myself since we moved in. When Ray is home he takes me to run whatever errands needs to be run; groceries, library, bank, I'm trying to think of anything else I do but can't think of any. I am a BORING person! LOL But I love it!
Later,
Diane

P.S. I'm making my Christmas list!














1 comment:

Linda said...

Congratulations on getting your sewing room in "workable" order. Remember to keep out some UFO's to bring to the retreat. Wish you would blog more so we could see more of what's happening in your life. We miss you!!!