Wednesday, April 20, 2011

PTL!!!

DONE!
Before deadline!
I am so relieved!
I have no idea what the whole thing will look like as I just have 1/24th of the picture. I know it has something to do with daikons on a table as that just about all my part had in it. It did have possibly  green beans in the top right corner, but I'm not real sure since I only have a tiny bit of green. It could really be anything.
I always talk myself into doing these things then fuss and gripe the whole time making myself and everyone around me miserable. Usually I learn something though. this time I learned a couple of things.

1. I learned how to do a really good job machine appliqueing. I should have learned to do it well after about 6 attempts. I really hate to throw fabric out, and I have a huge pile of fabrics that I used in the  attempts that couldn't be used again. I'm not sure I can get more than maybe 1.5" squares out of a couple of the pieces. Good thing I bought 1/4 yard pieces to begin with.

2. I learned I do not like glue sticks. YUCK! Too gooey! I do like using the Roxanne's glue. I bought the bottle years ago for a class. Looking online at the price of the stuff I am not sure I will buy it again, but I hear that Elmer's school glue works the same way. I will have to do some tests.

3. I learned if I ask for opinions from family they usually will tell me what they think I want to hear instead of telling the truth. That is until I ask specific questions, then they will usually tell me exactly what they think.

4. Bottom Line thread by Superior Threads is great stuff. I need to get more. I used to sell it, and thought I had set some aside for myself but found out I didn't. I had about 3/4 of a bobbin of one color and it made it almost to the end of the project. I had to substitute another close color but you can hardly tell the difference.

5. I like how the quilting made it look. Usually I'm a topper and the quilting is not important. This had to be quilted and I saw the whole thing come alive as I quilted. now honestly I did simplistic quilting since I am a novice, but I think it looks pretty good.

Now I can work on fun stuff!! YIPPEE!

Later,
Diane

No comments: