Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I had a really nice day

Yesterday was quilt guild day. Normally that is just a tad stressful as I am the one who signs up ladies for classes and collect money. If any of you have ever done this job or even watched while this job is done you will understand when I say that on some days the money is being thrown at you and people are signing up while others are telling you to sign them up because they don't have time to stand in line to do it and four ladies have questions for you all at the same time and 2 more are complaining how this is not the class they wanted. LOL fun fun!!
I was expecting this to one of those days since I was starting sign ups for Harriet Hargrave. I expected to be trampled and kicked to the corner while ladies kicked and scratched for the pen and sign up sheet. I am here to tell you I was pleasantly surprised. I have the class almost full and only had two whiners and 14 questions! WOW!I didn't even have any kickers or scratchers! I was impressed.
After the meeting we had country store. This is where the members gather things in their stash that they no longer love and sell them to unsuspecting suckers I mean guild friends. :^)
I took some hand dyed fabric that I no longer wanted in my house. I have had this fabric for a couple of years and I am just tired of moving the box from one side of the room to the other. I really am not a hard seller (I would never make a used car salesman) but I tell those who asked me what ever I didn't sell, I was cutting up into log cabin strips, and I meant it. I sold about half of what I took. I am not sure but I think I took something like 40 pieces so I am pleased.
After the guild meeting me and five friends went to lunch and had a great time. Everyone talked and laughed and had a nice time. I really will miss these ladies.

Right now I am waiting on the glass repairman to finish replacing my truck windshield so I can go work at the quilt shop. While I wait I am gonna go finish my clue #5 of the Carolina Crossroads mystery. I have about 10 more to sew then to press them, and wait for the next clue.

This is a picture of a round robin I did with some internet friends a few years ago. I really like it.

Have a great day!
Later
Diane

No comments: