Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Planning for fun!

I live in an area that celebrates Mardi Gras, BIG TIME! For those of you who know about Mardi Gras, you know we are in the big middle of the season. There is lots of traffic, lots of lines at resturant and LOTS of people from out of town. Our schools even take three days off for all the revelry. This year instead of trying to avoid all the traffic and drunks we are leaving town.
I think this is the perfect opportunity to go and see my friend Linda. I know, I know we talked on the phone for 6 hours last week, and you are wondering what in the world we would have to say to each other. Believe me we will have no problem staying up late and talking all night and running the roads all day.
Also while I am gone the Super Bowl will be played and Bonnie's Super Bowl Bargello will happen. My SIL (remember my quilt twin?) lives about two minutes from Linda so I plan on joining her for the bargello party. I hope the guys will be able to hear the game over us. :^)

There will be no posts from me for several days, but when I get back I hope to have tons of pictures to share.
Have fun celbrating and watching the ball game.

Later
Diane

1 comment:

Paula said...

Yipee! We're ready for you! I can't wait to sit down at the machine together and make a couple of quilts. Isn't this gonna be a hoot? (We'll just have to send the guys back to the bedroom to watch the game!!!!!!!!! We don't want them interrupting our sewing, do we??????) Love ya, and PLEASE drive carefully.