Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A brand new year...a clean calendar

I love the idea of beginnings, starting fresh. We have 365 new days (well 363 if you want to be technical) to laugh, share, love, and be a friend. How wonderful is that?
I dreaded the idea of the new year since all I could think about was my husband would be leaving on the 6th. But God is helping me to calm down and not be so anxious. (TYL!)
I have been thinking about what I want to do with the last few months I have here in Alabama. I never thought I would feel bad about leaving here, but I didn't factor in the friends I have made here. I will miss them A LOT! So for the months I have left here, I will see them as much as I can, I will laugh with them as much as I can, I will sew, eat and retreat with them. Alabama will not be a welcome sight in my rear view mirror it will be a soft place in my heart. Who would have thunk it? :^)

For some crazy reason I have decided I want to sew as much as I can before I move. In my mind it will be easier to move quilts (or tops in my case) than fabric. I know I know it is all the same weight, but let me have my dreams. LOL So I have started by working on a baby quilt that is all STASH! WOO HOO! I have two more planned that I will be able to make from stash also. Isn't that embarrassing that I can make so many quilts completely from stash? I have another that I saw in a magazine that looks kinda fast and easy and cute, but I may have to buy some background. That is the one thing I never seem to have much of, especially background fabrics for children's quilts. When I make "grown up" quilts I usually make scrappy and so I can use what I happen to have. Children's quilts I tend to try to make them more planned so they are not too visually overwhelming since I use brighter colors.

I will come back in a few and post a picture of the baby quilt I am working on today.
Later
Diane

No comments: