Friday, January 18, 2008

late night and early morning I need a nap

I can't believe I have been over a week since I last blogged. I have been extremely busy but I can't believe so much time has passed. That proves it I am old! My grandpa told me the older we get the faster time goes...
My husband is in Florida at his new job. My son and I am trying our best to have a normal day each day, but it is hard. We both are real laid back about schedules so we tend to not keep one. LOL Both of us would just as soon have a bowl of cereal for supper as cook, so we have been having sandwiches and cereal quite a bit. He is gonna make some gal a real happy woman some day. He really doesn't care if you cook or not and will go shopping if you ask him, but will also be just as happy letting you have all the time alone as you want. Good Man!

Last night I wanted to talk to my friend Linda who lives in Houston. I have really bad reception in my house on my cell phone so I called her using my newly filled phone card. We talked about everything, husbands; mine is gone hers is recovering from surgery. Children, we both have rebellious middle kids. Grandchildren, she has some I don't, so I am constantly asking about hers. My oldest son is the same age as her youngest daughter and if I could EVER wish for the perfect person for my son to marry it would be her, she very outgoing and vivacious and a very good person, plus she likes to cook! But it is kinda hard since neither is interested in the other in that way. Oh well a mom could at least hope he finds someone like her at least.
Anyway, while we were talking on the phone last night I was cutting and piecing on a baby quilt. I got to noticing I had pieced almost the entire top while we were talking and looked at the clock and almost dropped the phone. We had been talking for SIX HOURS! Instantly I was sleepy and we hung up and I went to bed. I am still amazed that we talked NON STOP for six hours. I told her it proved we really needed to have some time together. With living so far from each other I get to see her once a year and that while I am working the Houston Quilt show. Needless to say we see each other a lot that week, but we both are so tired we really don't get to visit much. I hope to go see her in a couple of weeks.
The early morning was funny. My son gets up by his alarm each morning and usually he calls me to drive him to school about 5 minutes before my alarm goes off. I only set my alarm to go off in case he oversleeps, we can still get there and not be late.
This morning, he called me and I got up and very grumpily got up in a cold house and dressed and went and took my medicine. I then called him which I never have to do to say I was going to the truck to start it. He didn't answer. I called again, still no answer. I glance at the clock to make sure we aren't going to be late and see it is only 5:30!!! We don't leave for an hour! I crawl back in the bed shoes and all!
Finally at 6:30 he calls me and I get up and drive him to school. I told him what I did and he thinks I am nuts. His response was "that's what you get staying up all night on the phone" the same thing I would have said to him! LOL

I have been working on my mystery quilt and I love it so far. I agree completely that if I would have known how many small pieces were in it I may not have made it, but I love it.
I'll post pictures in a bit.

Later
Diane

No comments: