Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Quiltathon

My plan for today is to work as hard as I can to get everything on my To Do list finished so I can be ready for the Quiltathon this weekend. Judy over at Patchwork Times is planning an all day sew on Saturday, and I want to , no correction I NEED to do this.

My To Do list is LONG!
Get in the dye bath for two upcoming shows
Taxes
Clean under stairs closet
Bags of clothes to Goodwill
Mop Kitchen

STOP! I'm getting depressed! LOL I will do as my smart husband said, I will prioritize. I have to get fabric dyed and I have to get taxes done, so I will focus on those today.

On to better topics!
My youngest has been practicing his driving and I must say he is doing quite well. He only does two things that make me crazy. One is he wants to drive all the way to the right of the lane so he can easily go off the pavement. I know it isn't major and he will soon enough get the hang of center of the lane driving. The other thing he does, not only when driving, is he knows everything! I can say, "Hey Joe, your going off the road", he says "I know", or I can say "your going too slow or too fast or you forgot your blinker" and he says, "I know". My only response is, "well if you know it , STOP IT!" LOL
He really is a good driver for only been driving for such a short time and he really has a good sense of direction. I guess that is one of the benefits of being the youngest, you learn from your older sibling's mistakes. My oldest did not want to drive, we had to make him get his license for his first job at 18 years of age. It took him a while to be a good driver only because he didn't want to be a driver at all.
My middle child was too busy talking or singing or thinking about what she was going to do when she arrived at her destination to pay attention to her driving. She was the worst at directions! To top it all off from the time she was a toddler she wasn't afraid of anything. She was the child who always squealed "higher daddy, faster too!" She is still not afraid of much but her direction skills have improved, what a relief! :^)

Ok, I really need to bring this ramble to a close...
Diane

1 comment:

Paula said...

You better get busy! That's quite a list!!! Hooray for Joe! I'm going to try the quiltathon, but I HAVE to get a haircut on Saturday...and that was the day I was planning on sewing! I'll get as much done as possible.