Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Home at last

This is what I saw too much of today. A day of driving that should have lasted seven and a half hours at the most instead lasted over ten hours. The first and worst of the traffic jams was two hours long and we travelled approximately 2 miles in that time. I was pretty stressed but knew I had over six hours left in my drive time. Because of the time spent at the first traffic jam it cause us to be right in the big middle of 5 o'clock traffic in Baton Rouge LA. UGH! Nothing like stopped to near stopped on the Mississippi River bridge. Did you know that the bridge bounces? Ask me how I know!
We finally arrived home and my brain is absolutely numb! I am off to bed and plan to stay in bed as long as I can tomorrow.
I will post pictures of my fun in Houston, including my bargello quilt top I made with my SIL, Paula. By the way, she has made her top much larger than the instructions said and it is beautiful!

Later
Diane
PS: If there are mispelled word I am blaming it on numb brain and Blogger not letting the spell check work for me tonight. Well that is my story anyway...

1 comment:

Linda said...

Diane, glad you're home safe and sound. I too did the bargello quilt and am cutting the pieces for my braided border. I did mine in all reds.