Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day should be all year long...

We, my husband and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. Occasionally we will do something special, like today since he is actually home and not in Florida I am making him a special dinner. It isn't because it is Valentine's Day, but becasue he is home. My husband and I are very affectionate and have always been and always holding hands. We don't do gifts very often at our house. We never have, but I can honestly say I am rarely told no if I want something. I am spoiled, but Ray is too.
I had a friend once who had a very unaffectionate husband. She loved Valentine's Day since that was one of 4 days a year she was shown he loved her. I couldn't live that way. I want to be shown each day in the small ways how much I am loved. Example...this morning, Ray was dressing at 5:30 am to go offshore. He couldn't find his thermal unders but he wouldn't turn on the light because he didn't want to wake me up. How sweet! Probably 95% of the time he sneaks out of the house so quiet I never know he is gone, but he calls me just 45 minutes later while he is driving to work to wake me to take youngest to school.
After over 26 years of marriage I still can't wait for him to get home in the evenings and I love the fact that he calls me through out the day just to see what I am doing. He is still my favorite person.

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day, but more I hope you have it all year long!

Diane

1 comment:

Linda said...

Diane, you're a lucky girl!!!
Linda